Year 10 – return to school
Year 10 pupils are returning from school from Monday 22nd June, and there is more detailed information on what to do and what is expected as they return into school. This very much links into the school’s risk assessment and safe working plans.
We very much look forward to seeing greater pupil numbers in school and have every confidence that they will behave in a mature and sensible manner.
Pupil lists and timetables (you need to be logged onto the VLE to see those)
Arrangements for Year 10 pupils
- Wear normal school uniform but do not wear a tie or jumper.
- Bring your school bag and normal school equipment.
- Bring a snack for break time.
- Travel by foot, bike or car if possible.
- Wear a mask if you have to use public transport.
- Arrive between 8am and 8:30am.
- Come straight into school.
- Go to the school hall through the gym doors for a temperature check.
- Wash your hands in the designated toilets.
- Go to your designated room.
- Sit in your labelled place.
- You will have 4 lessons from your core subjects (English, maths, science, humanities, language/citizenship).
- You will receive packs for each subject and also your options subjects.
- Ask during lessons if you need to use the toilet.
- Use the designated toilets.
- Break will take place in the classroom and water is provided.
- Wash your hands as you leave the site.
- Go straight home when you leave the site.
Information for parents
- If your child has any symptoms that are linked to Covid-19 please keep them at home and let school attendance know.
- If your child has any other illness, and is not attending please let school attendance know.
- Pupils will wear normal school uniform but do not wear a tie or jumper.
- Masks can be worn in school but are not essential.
- Pupils should have their school bag and normal school equipment.
- Pupils will receive a work pack for each of their subjects over the two weeks.
- Pupils who cannot attend school will receive their packs at home.
- Home learning will continue alongside the day in school.
- Pupils may bring a snack for the mid-session break time in the room, and water will be provided.
- Parents and other adults must not come on to site – please phone or contact by email if there is anything that you would like to discuss.
- Pupils are to go to the school hall through the gym doors for a temperature check.
- Pupils are to go straight home on leaving the site.
- In the unlikely event of your child becoming ill during the day, you will be contacted to collect your child.