School has 305 disadvantaged pupils which constitutes 19% (correct in November 2019).
Strategy overview 2019-20 (including Year 7 catch-up premium)
Full Pupil Premium school strategy and spending plan can be downloaded here.
Our whole school strategy identifies 9 key areas to focus on throughout 2019/2020:
- A: Literacy levels of all Pupil Premium pupils are in line with their peers. There is a relentless focus from all teachers on improving the literacy levels of our disadvantaged pupils.
- B: A greater percentage of Pupil Premium pupils in Year 11 achieve the basics measure in English/maths 4+ and 5+ in line with their peers. PP pupils progress score is significantly closer to the national average.
- C: Pupil Premium boys achieve in line with PP girls in English. Pupil Premium girls achieve in line with PP boys in maths.
- D: Pupil Premium pupils come to school ready to learn. They are fully equipped and wearing correct uniform.
- E: Pupil Premium pupils have fewer fixed term exclusions and record fewer behaviour concerns in their planners; this will be comparable with their non-PP peers.
- F: Pupil Premium pupil attendance improves to over 92% attendance.
- G: There will be greater attendance of key Pupil Premium pupils at after school support sessions and a larger uptake for learning opportunities during school holidays and weekends.
- H: There will be increased participation for Pupil Premium pupils in extracurricular clubs and activities.
- I: Pupil Premium pupils are aspirational and motivated to achieve their potential. They progress onto HE and gain employment with training in line with their peers.