Key Stage 3
In Years 7 and 8 pupils study a wide range of projects designed to develop a wide range of both designing and making skills whilst providing a broad and balanced DT curriculum from which pupils can make informed choices for their GCSE Option choices.
Key stage 3:
Year 7 Projects include:
- Wooden animals
- Graphics and 3D drawing
- Structures project
- Stress chickens (juggling bags)
- Polyfusion pencil case: Recycling carrier bags
- Cooking and nutrition; nutrition topics focused on different food groups from the Eatwell plate. Basic cooking and food preparation techniques for mainly savoury items using all parts of the cooker.
Please read the KS3 Progression Steps for Year 7 DT | Textiles | Food Technology | Graphics
Year 8 Projects include:
- Mirror project using CAD/CAM
- Structures project, learning the principles of triangulation and how forces affect structures
- Embellished cushion based on different cultures
- Cooking and Nutrition: Nutrition topics focused on macro and micro nutrients; dietary goals and current nutrition issues. Simple meals produced from a wider range of cookery techniques.
Please read the KS3 Progression Steps for Year 8 DT | Food Technology | Textiles